Thai Green Chicken Curry
This freezer-friendly Creamy Thai green chicken curry is so simple to make, and has the most amazing textures and flavours. It is made with tender pieces of chicken, bamboo shoots, baby sweetcorn and eggplant, all cooked in a creamy and spicy green curry sauce.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (5 gm), grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4.5 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 600 gm chicken thigh fillets cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 gm baby sweetcorn (fresh or canned) cut in half lengthways, then each half into thirds crossways
- 3 Lebanese eggplants sliced into rounds 0.5cm thick
- 80 gm canned sliced bamboo shoots drained and rinsed
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
To garnish (All Optional)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped (highly recommended)
- 2 cups beansprouts
- 2 chillies, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- 5 sprigs Thai basil
- jasmine rice for 4 people
- 1/4 lime
Combine the curry paste ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat a large frying pan or a medium-sized wok over medium-high heat, then add the canola oil. Fry the curry paste for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken, water, sugar and salt. Turn the heat up high and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for ten minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, prep the vegetables.
Once the ten minutes is up, add the baby sweetcorn to the pot and simmer for two minutes.
Add the eggplant and simmer for three minutes.
Add the bamboo shoots and simmer for two minutes.
Stir through the coconut cream and fish sauce. Return to the boil, then remove from heat.
Taste the curry for seasoning and flavour. Adjust to your preferences. (Note 1)
Spoon some rice into bowls or plates, then ladle over the curry.
Set the garnishes on the table and allow everyone to help themselves.
- If you need more punch and seasoning then add more fish sauce. Otherwise add salt.
Calories: 863kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 39g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 1144mg | Potassium: 1220mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3178IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 5mg